Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Karma bites my buttocks and then gives a wedgie!

I once bragged about how I never got a "ticket", i.e., traffic citations or any such things to a new freind. She said and I'm recollecting, "என் கிட்ட இந்தமாதிரி சொன்னவங்க எல்லாரும் within one month ticket வாங்கிருக்காங்க....so ஜாக்கிரதை". This happened like 3/4 months ago.

Ever since, I'm 0 - 3:
Ticket for over speeding - check!
Ticket for driving on expired insurance card - check!!
Ticket for "failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident" - check!!!

End result:
2 court dates: I hope I don't get the same judge on both days. I need to take some classes from "Lodukku" Pandi. I seriously hope they don't cancel my license.

1 busted car: Blown radiator, jammed-up hood, crushed lights, creeking engine, unstoppable wipers (atleast it wasn't the horn!) - I hope I can atleast salvage something out of it.

1 deflated ego: Now I know how Ravanan felt when Shiva stepped on his toe. Atleast I get to live and more importantly didn't kill anybody.

One hell of a July and one busy August up ahead.

Not included:
Friendly warning for driving without headlights at 2 AM. I was returning from a bachelor party. Luckily, I was not asked to take a breathalyzer test.

So afterall, Karma does play fair.