Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Charlie Horse

Lady Instrcutor: Welcome to your first class. In this 14 class session, we will teach you three basic strokes and breathing exercises. We will also help you assess your current skill level.

Me: Skill level? I know to drown. Does that count?

LI: Hanhanhnahnahnahnaa.......

(Note to self: Try not to crack any of your lame jokes again)

LI: So, are you ready for the first class?

Me: I can already feel water in my ears

LI: Hanhanhnahnahnahnaa.......

Me: That wasn't a joke...

LI: Hanhanhnahnahnahnaa.......

*Oh God*

LI: We teach you three basic strokes. Freestyle, backward and breast.

Me: I like breast....

LI: Hanhanhnahnahnahnaa....... Naughty you!

Me:....stroke. I meant the stroke, seriously! I heard it's easier.

LI: You are lucky. There are only two other people in this class. So, it's going to be a small class.

Me: That's 2 more than what I expected.

LI: Hanhanhnahnahnahnaa.......

*Who are the other fellow losers who wants to learn swimming at this age! I got to see that!*

LI: DNA, that's P, she is the other student.

Me: Who's the third?

LI: Me! Hanhanhnahnahnahnaa....... I'm always a student first.

*Oh God! please drown me!*

LI: Ok, you two get inside the water with me. Your first class, you'll learn to float and leg stroke.

I saw this little kid in the lane next to mine doing freestyle ever since I was there. The inquisitive me to the LI

Me: How old is that kid? Is it legal for her to swim?

LI: Hanhanhnahnahnahnaa....... Of course it is! She is probably 6 years old.

Me: Can she even spell "Swimming"?

LI: I bet you could!

*LI with a sense of humor! I could do with that*

Me: Ha! Good one.

During the course of the class, some of the gems LI said -

LI: DNA, keep your shoulders and neck muscles relaxed. It needs to be as loose as a granpa's boxers. Yours is as tight as my grandma's panties!

LI: People watching us might think I'm actually drowning you and not teaching you to swim! Look at your legs. They are all over the place.

LI: Tonight, you might get Charlie Horse. It's not an erection, it's muscle cramps. So don't over exert yourself.

Interesting trivia I learnt about LI: She drives on the other side!