Saturday, September 02, 2006

So it's time for me to speak

Whats is there for me to say? When I finish, you'll sentence me for my crime. Fine. So let me ask you now: What is crime? What is punishment? It seems to vary from time to time and from place to place. What's legal today is suddenly illegal tomorrow because some society says its so. And what was illegal yesterday is suddenly legal today because everybody is doing it and you can't put everybody in jail. I'm not saying this is right or wrong. I'm just saying that's the way it is.
.....
I just wish you could be standing where I'm standing right now and know what that feels like. Because then you would know something you don't know now. Mercy. You would know that the concept of a society is based upon the quality of that mercy. It's the sense of fair play. It's the sense of justice. But that's like asking a bear to shit in a toilet.
.....
என்னுடய தேடல் எனக்கு கற்பித்தது ஒன்றுதான். உண்மை என்பது காலத்தின் தேவைக்கேற்பத் தகவல்கள் போடும் வேஷம் மட்டுமே. நான் என்ன சொல்ல முடியும்? இன்று என் கையில் இருப்பவை எல்லாம் பொய்கள்.
- பரிணாமம், ஜெயமோகன்