Sunday, April 09, 2006

It is supposed to be white in color.

Nobody will say that now. It was not exactly circular, nor was it perfectly oval. It was something in between. I was on my knees, with a swipe in my hand. It was a complete mess. I've never looked at it from such close quarters. I was a little dazed. I was not sure where to begin. It has been almost three months since I did this. Part of the reason was I was traveling a lot. Last few days, I had some friends staying over. That kind of explains the mess it is in. I had all the necessary weapons I needed to confront such a situation. My eyes caught a particular amoeba like thing on it. It was a brownish yellow in color. It looked like rust. I never knew this would rust. For some reason I remembered the juicy succulent pot roast I had for last night's dinner. I also remember one of my friends did not like his breaded salmon. He was complaining of indigestion today morning. And then it was crystal clear, like an alcoholic's moment of clarity. I felt disgusted. I don't think I can even look at pot roast or salmon for the next few weeks....make that few months. I winced at the mere thought train I was in. I'll start on the outside, proceed to the sides and then to the back and then the rim, seat, lid, tank and finally jump inside. That sounds like a plan. Suddenly I realized I might need more than a few swipes. I went about my plan diligently. I was fighting really hard at that spot. To my relief, I found out it was not rust just a tough stain. After a really hard few minutes, I was almost done - brushed the inside, rinsed it twice and strapped the purifier inside the tank. That pretty much completes it. Ready for use......FLUSH!